Monday, April 25, 2011

Worry Wart.

  I learned there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead, others come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.
- Dr. Seuss
It's the funny thing about troubles...we let them get to us, we give them a lot more credit then they deserve and yet what? What is worrying or caring too much going to do? Nothing. All these worries and troubles that we stress about, care about, obsess about...they are doing nothing but weighing us down. If you have a problem: think about it. Can you fix it? What can YOU do to make the situation better? If you can come up with an answer...do it. If you realize you're stuck with the situation and it can't be changed, what's the use in worrying about it?

We spend too much time worrying, giving our 'troubles' more attention then they deserve that we spend too much of our lives being upset about things. 

Bad things are going to happen, guaranteed. People are going to let you down, leave you, you'll have your heart broken once or twice, get fired, get yelled at...it happens. That's life. Things hurt sometimes. The only thing we can do, is take it. It all really depends on how you handle what happens to you. You can't let one bad thing ruin all the good things you have.

I made a promise to myself: 
I am no longer going to let what I can't do, get in the way of what I can.
I am no longer letting my worries fluster my head, and my troubles take over my days. If I can't control it, then I can't change it...no use in worrying about it and giving it the opportunity to ruin the day. 

My mother will be the first to tell you: I’m the world’s biggest worry wart. As far back as I can remember…I was worrying, worrying about everything, even the smallest of things were on my mind. So one day my parents came home and they had bought me a present. It was a little multicolored bag, and inside was a set of 6 or 7 little dolls. I called them my worry dolls. Each night, before going to bed, you were supposed to tell all your worries and troubles to these little, hand sewn dolls and they would take them from you. These dolls would lighten your load and take your problems from off your shoulders so you no longer needed to worry about them.

So find someone, somewhere or something to tell your troubles to. The things that are stressing you out, weighing you down, ruining the groove in your day...let them go. Put them somewhere else where they can't control your head or you heart. Change what you can, let go of what you can't. Fight back to the things that are holding you back.
Let go of the troubles that are weighing you down. Your fears...let them go. Your worries...leave them be. Your hopes, your dreams, your passions...let them soar. Let them take over. If you surround yourself with negative thoughts of the things you can't do, or can't control, or the troubles weighing you down...you are going to carry that baggage everywhere you go throughout your day, throughout your life.

Decide to be positive, and happy and smiling. Let your days be filled with the thoughts of the things you can do...and leave your worries behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers