Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Smell the roses.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson
*******************
Power.
A few days ago I got to thinking about my life. Not just who I am, and what I do, but my life as whole…what I wanted, where I’ve been, everything. I kept having it drilled into my head, time after time, that I needed to live my life. That I needed to do what I wanted to do, and I needed to do it now.

There is no better time than the now.
It’s a great quote, and an even better way to look at your life. There is no better time in this moment to live, to be passionate, creative, to experiment with your feelings, your life and your world. If you care about someone, tell them. If you want change, if you want to do something different, be someone different, do it and do it now. Why wait for tomorrow? This saying is playing over and over in my head. I think I misunderstood it from the start.

I’ve been wanting to rush my life. I want to have things happen so fast. Things I want to do, I want to do them and I want to do them now. I want to own a car and pay all the money up front. I don’t want to be in student debt with student loans for the next few years. I need to finish school because I want to get out into the real world and actually start living my life. Once I do this..or get this, or finish that…then I can start my life.

Hello Holly: News Flash…this is your life. I’ve been living in this fast paced world for so long I’ve forgotten to slow down. There is no better day than today got mixed up with, you will never have tomorrow. I’ve been rushing my future and hoping for the next best thing that I don’t actually enjoy the best things I have right now.
 
What’s the point in moving forward if you don’t actually relish and indulge in where you’re at?

I thought I wanted to finish school, get it out of the way, fast track, take too many courses my head explodes. But then I realized, slow down woman…where are you hoping to go? And the truth is…I don’t know, and that’s ok. I wanted my life on the fast track, I wanted a job, a career…but maybe that’s not in store for me right now. Maybe I’m not like everyone else and I’m going to take the long way around. And I like it.

I realized, I don’t have to chose what I want to do or who I want to be today. I just need to slow down and realize…this is it. There’s no waiting, or rushing…I’m living my life and I get to choose. The power is in my hands, I’m in control. I’m not going to rush for the next best thing because I’m never appreciating where I’m at.

So I don’t have to choose today, tomorrow or next year. I just need to be present. I need to be present in my life, my relationships, my conversations. I need to be real, and passionate and open. I just need to be present to what’s in front of me and stop rushing things. 


We should be taking each day as they come and give it the best we have. There is no better time than the now, so do it…do it now. But appreciate the moment you’re in. Don’t rush your life or your days or the months to come…because you can’t get those back.
We are all at the same stage, some have experience more and others less. We are always chasing something, the next best thing, always wanting to grow but were not quite sure how. We are always confused by what we are capable of. We let what we want to do hold us back. We keep ourselves from accomplishing things because we fear we might fail, or run out of time, or time will go by too fast. 


I don't want to waste my days worrying about my future. It will come and it will happen to you too. It's life, it happens. It doesn't stop, it's always continuous and changing. I promise things will get scary, but where's the excitement in comfort? Why not try something new, and be available to your dreams and your passions. Be in the moment and be present to your life. We are capable of anything we set our minds to. 


Stop chasing things, slow down…and take time to appreciate, decide…embrace your days and your moments. It’s the power of now. Take a step back and look at your life. What are you rushing? What are you pushing? What are you doing to be powerful and present right now? What is holding you back? What have you always wanted to do but feared time stood in your way? Well it doesn’t. The only thing holding you back is you. So stop all your fears, all your rushing and your worries and be present.

Be present for your day and the people that surround you and be real. Realize the power of your moments and your decisions are in your hands, no sense rushing what is always available to you. 
Your future might scare you and you might not be happy with where you are out. So change it, decide and commit on something better for yourself. I've realized what I want most out of life is to be happy. You should be with whoever makes you happy.


I hope you smile every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers