Monday, April 18, 2011

No matter how hard we fight it, we fall.

M-O-N-D-A-Y...s-u-c-k-s! 
OK, Here it is. Your choice, it's simple. 
Her or me. 
And I'm sure she's really great,
But Derek.. I love you. 
In a really, really big, pretend to like your taste in music,
let you eat the last piece of cheesecake,
hold a radio over my head outside your window,
unfortunate way that makes me hate you,
love you. 
So pick me. Choose me. Love me.
I went to Florida just over a month ago and I ended up being away for 10 days. It's an annual family trip we take every March break, down to sunny old Siesta Key - absolutely beautiful! The little VK came around at the right time as I find March is always a stressful month. December we have holidays, food, food, food and way too many family gatherings. By the time January comes around and were celebrating a year gone by and embracing a new year to come, setting new years resolutions we hope to keep (this year...) we are beyond exhausted. Catching up with ourselves, our lives, our work...January is about slowing things down and catching our breath. February, statistically, is the most depressing month. There are no 'holidays', no excitement, lots of snow and cold weather....by the time March comes around, we are ready for excitement, something new and for summer to finally be on it's way. We pile everything on our plate, nights out, dinners, trips to the gym...we make things happen fast in March; we overwhelm our lives because February is so slow.

So by the time my annual trip to Florida came around...I was ready for some much needed R&R - after a stressful February, exams and way too many essays. First day on the road I decided to pop in Grey's Anatomy, Season 2...in which I watched over the 10 days I was away and ended up even continuing on to Grey's Season 3..(amazing!)
In honor of the oh-so-fabulous show, here are two, warming, simple and yet wonderful Grey's quotes for a Monday morning.    
  
"And still there are times when it just gets away from you. No matter how hard you fight it, you fall. And it's scary as hell. Except there's an upside to freefalling. It's the chance you give your friends to catch you."
*****
And if you find something worth holding on to, don't let go. Fight. And if you find you've let go of something you let slip away...run. Get it back and never let go again. You can change the way things end, it's never too late. We make mistakes, it's being human. But never be too scared to do something, or be someone. Never make apologies for what you want, go after it. And if you find something worth chasing, worth holding on to, something or someone who makes you smile and brightens your day, don't let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers