Friday, April 22, 2011

Are you ready to be..

"Don't aim for success if you want it; 
just do what you love and what you believe in and it will come naturally."- David Frost

I find too often we are doing things we don't want, but things rather we believe we should. We're under the impression that we need to keep impressing, keep doing things that are correct to society, to our families, to our friends. But are you happy? When you wake up in the morning, are you excited about your day? Do you make the decision to be kind, productive, free, motivated and happy? We all have that deciding moment in the morning, when we get to decide which person to be, which foot to put forward and whether to roll out of bad in a funk or with some spunk! 

You may have been told from a young age, what to do or who to be. What school you should go to, which jobs you should look at. The kind of professions that are respected and the kinds you should avoid. The types of people you should spend your time with, the kind of neighborhood you should live in. There is so much advice coming out from our ears and our noses that you can smell everyone's opinions in the air. And yes - they are overwhelming. At the end of the day, this is your life, so who are you going to listen to? 

I continue to refer back to the sunscreen song, but it has such amazing advice: "Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth." I think it's important to listen, and have people express what they've gone through and what they suggest. It's respectful and they care, but you need to do what is right for you. You can only learn from your own mistakes.
I find too often we fall into the trap of doing what other people want, what makes others happy and what is 'expected' or 'accepted' by our family, friends and society. I'm a big believer in following your heart and doing what you're passionate about.
***********************





Lets take a look at me: I am into fitness, 



healthy eating and I like kids. I can be a personal trainer, a teacher…there are many options. Do I know what I want to do with the rest of my life? NO. Do I need to decide today? Tomorrow? Next month? NO. I have a life and I'm going to live it. I'm not going to rush any of it, I have today, tomorrow and next month to choose. The truth is maybe I'll end up doing something I love for a year, for 2 years, for 10...then maybe I'll change it up. I'll spend the next 4 years in University, work 5 years as a teacher and then leave. Maybe I'll be going back to College at 45 or choosing a different profession. How about I travel the world for the next 2 years and work wherever I want. Maybe I'll get married, have children and not want to work at all. That's the thing about life: it's never guaranteed, it's never promised, it's ever changing, high pace...and that's a good thing! We have change, we can do change, we can be different. We can stop and go whenever we want, leave or stay. It's up to us. I just want to always do what I love and if I find I'm not happy, I'm going to change it. 



My Life in this moment: I'm in school, I work, I tutor, I babysit. I'm busy, busy busy. But I'm doing things that make me smile. On the side I have my amazing friends, my family and I have my CrossFit aspect. I've got my fitness, my running, my yoga, my weights. I eat well and I take care of my health. I am healthy, a healthy body. Men sana in corpore sano means to have a healthy soul, spirit, mind in a healthy body. Now that is what I strive for, not only a healthy body but a healthy mind, a happy soul, a free spirit. I will never turn down my desires or regret a decision I've made. I will continue to follow my path and do what makes me happy..I am forever ruled by my passions. I think if you surround yourself with things that make you happy, people who make you feel loved, your life will be filled with passion and happiness. Life gets easier the days you decide to do the things that make YOU happy.
YOU! YOU! YOU!
 It's all about you today and every day. So do what makes you happy, follow your soul and see where it takes you. Take a look at yourself, are you satisfied?Leave the thoughts, the pressures, the opinions behind...everything you've been told to do, think, or the decisions that have been forced upon you. Leave them behind, accept them, thank them, acknowledge them...but leave them. This is your life, your decisions, your world...shape it to your needs and desires. The advice you've been given however, put it in your back pocket. Keep it, hold on to it...you never know when you might need some friendly support. Be present in your decisions and awaken your life to do the things YOU want to do.
When you do what you love, the pieces seem to miraculously fall together. And you will wake up, everyday, smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers