Friday, July 29, 2011

Picture This.

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."

Despite all of of our superficial things we tend to surround ourselves with, the things that make our lives seem rich and full, that distract us and make us believe we should never be without. What do they add up to? What do they create?


The superficial things for myself, well it would my car, my hair, a certain outfit,  the perfect body I strive for day after day at the gym, a perfect pair of shoes - what it comes down to is these things really mean little to none. 
In the end, or in the big picture, these 'things' are irrelevant. They are exactly that - THINGS. We strive for all these labels, objects and appearances we are convinced we need and desire. They give us something to work towards, to have, to make us feel never alone. But in the end they are still the same - things and objects. As unimportant as they were to start, they are there to distract us and keep us busy. 

The big picture here is that I am not any of these things. 

I am not defined by the car I drive, the clothing I wear, or how long I ran for this morning. All I am is made up of the people I know and the people I love. I am defined by my surroundings and who I decide to surround myself with. How you treat others and the amount of love you give. This is what makes up who you are.

Love is truly the answer to almost anything. The world is at your fingertips: love and life, it is present, it is there, always.

Realize this.
So I am built up of memories and friendships, of relationships and family. Its because of all the wondrous people I know that my adventurous life is so full and rich. For my life is filled with love and I choose to give that back to the world, to spread it, to share, to give. And still, I need to give more.

So I chose love.

For you have everything in the world if you just look around. You my friend, are never alone.

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls."

You are untouched and undefined, this world is what you make of it. The things, the objects, they are unimportant. Surround yourself with love and relationships built on trust, loyalty and fun - and you never will go wrong. Remember to always be the friend you want in return, to treat others with respect and understanding. 


To treat others the way WE would like to be treated. When did we forget this? The most simple of mantra’s we’ve been taught since we could walk. Practice patience and give more. Remember what it was like to be a child and install your fresh approach to everything as something new and exciting. For each day brings a new adventure.

Everything you give in this life eventually will come back to you. You must trust this.
Our lives change, that's the greatest part. For each person we meet is a new chapter. Be that powerful impact on someones life. Give them the strength, the courage for them to live big and free and to smile every day, as we each deserve nothing but the best.

And the best does come, whether we realize it or not. Most of the time we are too distracted, thinking on the next best thing. You are here, not there. Be present in your life, in your relationships. Be present in the memories you are making. For these are all the little moments, that will define and make, your big picture.

Paint your life how you like.

"Things always have a habit of getting better. When you think things are bad, dark and devastating...chin up. The sun will shine again soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers