Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's gotta start with you.

It's been awhile, I've been busy and flustered with life....it's keeping me on my toes. I thought I'd start this blog post off with someone else's words of wisdom.

"See, the only thing you can control is your attitude. You can explode or you can laugh. You can fall or you can rise. You can hurt or you can help. Pick what you're going to do and don't be surprised when your attitude picks your accomplishments." - CrossFit Lisbeth

Your life, your relationships, your work, your day, even this moment ...is going to be whatever you make it be. It can be stressful, a big deal, a burden... Or you can laugh it off, take it as it is and learn from it.

I know what I want - I want to choose to be optimistic, I want to chose to be happy, to be confident. Becaus at the end of the day... My voice in my head is the only one I hear, so I need encouraging words and happy thoughs and loving feelings - and those sure as heck aren't going to come from an angry, frustrated, pessimistic person. And really? Who wants to surround themselves with downers, people who turn every situation into a tragedy and only see failing results.

Not me.

I want better, I want more - and I will get it cause I deserve it. Because who I am, how I handle the things, the people and the places that happen to me - I can control.

When the world throws you a curve ball? Are you going to hide away - or dive for it? Are you going to sulk in the corner or are you going to experience something different, choose better thoughts, treat others better. 

Sometimes, you need to be that ray of sunshine for someone else, you never know how much someone might need it. To spread the love, the warmth, a smile...it goes a long way and it tends to start a contagious action.
At the end of the day, when your whole life seems gray and dull and stressed - just remember to breathe. That when the world gets dark... That's when you can see the stars. Amongst all the hate, the anger, the stress in the world - there is hope for a better day, a better world. 

You can help make it that - but it has to start with you. Your actions, your words, your thoughts. Choose to be better.

How are you going to handle this moment - right now? With open arms I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers